News

Menu

Blog Post: Urban Country Artist Mikel Knight From San Antonio, TX Getting Down To Talk About His Music (INTERVIEW)

NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE -- In advance of his highly-anticipated single, "Last Night in Texas", Mikel Knight has released a provocative new music video that has the entertainment industry buzzing.

Known as the Country Rap King, the artist and record label executive has taken Urban Country Music to astronomical heights with his heavy-hitting, Country-laced Hip-Hop that has line dancers boot-scooting from Lumberton to Lubbock.

The immaculately-produced music video directed by Peter Zavadil was filmed and shot across the Lone Star State in honor of its back story, and serves as the lead single from the forthcoming album, Urban Cowboy:  Where the City Meets the Country.
"It feels good to launch the video and receive such great feedback and support," said Mikel Knight. "We worked long hours to make sure the visual experience was as strong as the actual story being told...and I think we achieved that. This single and the video are meant to take you on a wild ride, and from the response from our fans, they're having a ball," Knight continues, "We couldn't do any of this without their support, and we're looking forward to bringing them more hard-hitting, great Urban Country Music!

"The video for "Last Night in Texas" has already garnered seven-figure hits across the digital divide--after being released just several days ago--and shows no signs of slowing down.

Experience the Country Rap King's exhilarating "Last Night in Texas" here, and find information about the new album, tour schedule and other news at www.MikelKnight.com.

About 1203 Entertainment
Established over a decade ago, 1203 Entertainment is the recording and management home to Urban Country music star Mikel Knight, the Duke Boyz, and the Maverick Dirt Road Street Team.

The entrepreneurial venture that launched as the brainchild of artist-turned- label executive, Mikel Knight, began at the grassroots level and has quickly burgeoned to a full-fledged enterprise that operates on a major label plane. Starting off at only 20 albums a day from a single promotional van, 1203 Entertainment now sells in excess of 35,000 albums per month. The street team operates from seventeen branded vehicles that currently cover 42 of the 50 states.

With over $3 million in revenue, the thriving company is on task to selling one million units by January 2015--strictly by hand-to-hand sales. A brand new project comprised of single releases, music videos, a complete album and subsequent tour is on the way with production credits from industry heavyweights like Peter Zavadil, Kevin "DJ Dev" Grisham, and Mr. Boomtown.


Media Contact:
Jennifer Colter, Publicity
1203 Entertainment
number1prchick@gmail.com
(323) 379-4472

Interview

Tell us about you:
I’m a Country/Rap artist who has taken my love and respect for both genres and created something unique. I’m called the ‘Country Rap King’ because it was my dream and vision to do this years ago. As the artist, Mikel Knight, I grind hard along with my street team called the Maverick Dirt Road Street Team and we sell our records to the public guerilla style—from seventeen branded vans across the country. We’re in 42 of the 50 states for now. It’s not a game! 

When did you start making music:
I started writing lyrics and songs when I was eleven years old, but I was actually in my late teens when I actually started going into the studio and creating the sounds or backdrop to my lyrics.

Who is your role model in the music world:
There’s definitely more than just one; I grew up listening to people from all genres and backgrounds—from George Clinton, Willie Nelson, and Stevie Wonder to Lynyrd Skynyrd, Lionel Richie, and Johnny Cash. I embraced everything., In the rap game I have tremendous respect for people like Scarface, DJ Screw, UGK, Tech N9ne and E-40 because they really the first ones to be truly independent and sell records off the charts. They’re all pioneers.

Have you ever been so moved by a song that you cried? If so what was it:
There are some old-school songs out there that hit that emotional chord that makes you go deep inside yourself—especially from Stevie Wonder and Willie Nelson. That’s all I can say about that…LOL.

Is there anything you would do differently in your career:
No. I can’t say there is. Our team works extremely hard and we learn life lessons every day. That’s how it’s supposed to be. I live and make choices and decisions without too much regret or wishing I did something differently. I’m here now—making the music I want to make (that’s 100% me) and I feel it’s a good place to be. 

Who would you like to be as famous as:
Wow…that’s a wild question…LOL. I think it would be the president. He’s the definition of global. 

What is your secret to be different from other musicians:
There’s really no secret. I just do what I do and that automatically places me in another lane. Urban Country and Country Rap are genres that are still being explored by the mainstream. They’re trying to wrap their brains around it. I simply write and produce music that is second-nature to me—hip hop and good country music. But the fact that I’ve married those two distinct sounds makes me extremely different. 

Who would you want to do a tour/concert with:
I’m open to any band or artist that makes great music, has a strong fan base and wants to create an unforgettable performance for their fans like I do. I can see a tour with Eminem, Bun B or some hip hop artists out of Tennessee or even a rock or country act.

Do you ever get lost in the music:
All the time. Music breathes life and I get caught up in the beats, sounds, lyrics. I can’t think of any real artist or anyone who truly loves music who doesn’t get lost in the vibes.

Do you plan to make music for as long as you can:
Most definitely! This isn’t a hobby or a placeholder until the next big thing hits me. I’m married to this for life!

What message do you send to your fans:
Thank you! Thank you for keeping us motivated and inspired to create good music. Also, just keep pushing to achieve your dreams and stay focused. If one door closes on you, then bang on 100 more. Don’t stop working on the dream because that will guarantee you to fail. 

Is there any site we can find you and listen to your latest song:

This interview allowed you to reveal yourself and talk more about you? If yes are you satisfy:
I’m good. Thanks!

Any last thing to mention:
Yes. Check out our latest video “Last Night in Texas” and the album Urban Cowboy: Where the City Meets the Country that is available now. Tour dates and information will be available on the website soon!


Thank you very much for your time.
Much appreciated…thanks a lot for the opportunity to share my story with your network.


Watch the video Below

Share This:

Post Tags:

Lion Dream Records

is an independent label created by an artist to better produce and promote other artists. With the lack of publishers to help talented local artists to broadcast their music, it was important that some one take the first step and lead the way to a new generartion of self made artists.

No Comment to " Blog Post: Urban Country Artist Mikel Knight From San Antonio, TX Getting Down To Talk About His Music (INTERVIEW) "

  • To add an Emoticons Show Icons
  • To add code Use [pre]code here[/pre]
  • To add an Image Use [img]IMAGE-URL-HERE[/img]
  • To add Youtube video just paste a video link like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x_gnfpL3RM