News

Menu

Another Lawsuit Against Cash Money Records For $1.3 million

Just over a week after news broke that Lil Wayne plans to file a $51 million lawsuit against Cash Money Records, former Hot Boys rapper Turk is now also planning his own suit against the label.

Turk is seeking $1.3 million in damages for being swindled out of his royalties, according to TMZ.

Similar to Weezy's request, Turk is also looking for a handover of the rights to his music recorded on the label and TMZ reports "shady accounting" on the part of Birdman and Cash Money as the source of Turk's discontent.

In 2013, Turk opened up to HipHopDX about his then-status with the label and feeling like he was taken advantage of early in his career.

"I felt like I got the short end of the stick on my deal when I was younger," he said. "But now I know. People die from a lack of knowledge.

When we don’t know, we got to suffer for that. So I felt like that was my trials and tribulations for me to go through that to make me into the person that I am today. Some people might call it ruthless and hard. But, it’s business.

"It’s just like my album, Blame It on the System, somewhere down the line you gotta draw the line and take responsibility," he added. "A person gotta answer for they actions. Me, would I do somebody the way Baby did? No, I wouldn’t.

If I came up with a person, and I know rightfully something is theirs, yeah, I’ma make sure that everything is everything."

Source HHDX

Share This:

Post Tags:

Lion Dream Records

is an independent label created by an artist to better produce and promote other artists. With the lack of publishers to help talented local artists to broadcast their music, it was important that some one take the first step and lead the way to a new generartion of self made artists.

No Comment to " Another Lawsuit Against Cash Money Records For $1.3 million "

  • To add an Emoticons Show Icons
  • To add code Use [pre]code here[/pre]
  • To add an Image Use [img]IMAGE-URL-HERE[/img]
  • To add Youtube video just paste a video link like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x_gnfpL3RM