News

Menu

[Interview] Hip-Hop Artist Ill Ran From The City Of Houston Talks About His Music

Finally get to talk with rapper Ill Ran

A very talented up and coming artist in the music industry.

We really appreciate this moment you gave us to talk to you and let the world know exactly who is Ill Ran and what your music is all about.

Since Hip Hop music became a reference to a lot of people, we are really sure that they want to know more about you.


Tell us about you: 
 I was born and raised in Houston Texas, and have been a fan of hip hop since the 80’s. I taught myself how to record and mix music after spending time in studios watching the engineers work, and began putting out mixtapes in the early 2000’s. I used to freestyle and battle evey chance I got, and now I’m taking it to the next level

When did you start making music:
 I started writing rhymes as a kid in school, around the 4th and 5th grade. I did it just to pass time. I just wanted to find something creative to do, and later as I got older it became my way to vent. By high school people began to notice me for it. 

Who is your role model in the music world:
I looked up to a lot of people. Being from Texas, I had a broad perspective to look at. I liked Snoop Dog, Outkasts, Nas, 8ball and MJG. Now I look at people like Nipsey Hustle, Tech Nine, and a lot of independent artists for inspiration.

 Is there anything you would do differently in your career: 
If I could do anything different in my career, I would have taken advantage of the internet a lot earlier. I was already into using the internet to network with artist and release music, but I didn’t know how to capitalize off of it. I would have done this 10 years ago.

Who would you want to do a tour/concert with:
I would like to tour with Lupe Fiasco or Kendrick Lamar. I think I could learn a lot from those type of artists. I’m sure it would be a fun experience as well as something to learn from.

 Do you ever get lost in the music: 
 I do. I recently started streaming a lot of music, and that kind of access to music for a fan like me is almost overwhelming. I zone out when I hear some new stuff with interesting lyrics and a banging beat. Then I love to go back to music that represents a certain time period for me. Then I get reinspired and start writing.

 Is there any site we can find you and listen to your latest song:
www.IllRanMusic.com is up and running now.
Also www.revernation.com/illran and www.soundcloud.com/ill-ran
My album is also available on itunes, google play, amazon.com and other online stores. “Close Doesn’t Count”

 Thank you very much for your time
Thank you for giving me the opportunity

Listen toIll Ran track below

Share This:

Post Tags:

Lion Dream Records

is an independent label created by an artist to better produce and promote other artists. With the lack of publishers to help talented local artists to broadcast their music, it was important that some one take the first step and lead the way to a new generartion of self made artists.

No Comment to " [Interview] Hip-Hop Artist Ill Ran From The City Of Houston Talks About His Music "

  • To add an Emoticons Show Icons
  • To add code Use [pre]code here[/pre]
  • To add an Image Use [img]IMAGE-URL-HERE[/img]
  • To add Youtube video just paste a video link like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x_gnfpL3RM